If you blink you might miss it, because Austin’s business scene is in the fast lane.
Deloitte Technology named 14 Austin-based businesses in its 29th annual Fast 500 Awards, which recognizes and ranks the fastest-growing North American companies in industries like technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, fintech, and energy tech sectors.
Companies on the grew by as much as 222,189% between 2019-2022. Across the board, the 500 awardees had an average growth rate of 1,934% and a median growth rate of 497%.
How did other Texas cities fare?
Texas claimed 30 spots total on the list. As the technology hub of Texas, Austin had more than any other city in the Lone Star State, followed by five companies from Dallas, four from Houston, two from Plano, and one from San Antonio.
Let’s take a closer look at the top three local businesses that made the cut.
#77 | L7 Informatics, Inc. | Software + services
This data intelligence company, led by CEO Vasu Rangadass, Ph.D, marked its third consecutive year on the list and grew by 2,047% from 2019-2022.
#104 | Atmosphere | Digital content/media/entertainment
This company’s TV streaming platform provides content that is specially tailored to businesses, and boasted 1,422% growth from 2019-2022.
#199 | Measured | Software + services
With 707% growth, Measured’s Incrementality Platform helps businesses reach their marketing goals.
Don’t forget the rest of our local winners:
- #230 | Digital Turbine, Inc. | Software + services | 622% growth
- #250 | The Helper Bees | Software + services | 558% growth
- #268 | Contentstack | Software + services | 506% growth
- #271 | Striveworks | Software + services | 497% growth
- #279 | CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. | Software + services | 481% growth
- #284 | ActivTrak | Software + services | 476% growth
- #369 | Arrive Logistics | Software + services | 343% growth
- #407 | Overhaul | Software + services | 301% growth
- #416 | Vorago Technologies, Inc. | Hardware + semiconductors | 295% growth
- #442 | AlertMedia | Software + services | 273% growth
- #521 | Eagle Eye Networks | Software + services | 213% growth
Check out the interactive list.