Austin Parks Foundation will start its 2023 “In the Park” series schedule with a classic film for Movies in the Park.
The time-honored local tradition brings films back to the big screen in parks around town from April through the end of the year.
The all-ages, free showings have been entertaining Austinites for 11 years, so grab a picnic blanket, a snack, your leashed four-legged friend, and mark your calendars for these showings:
- “Back to the Future” (1985) | Thursday, April 13 | 7 p.m. | Dick Nichols District Park, 8011 Beckett Rd., Austin | PG
- “The Lego Batman Movie” (2017) | Thursday, April 27 | 7 p.m. | Dove Springs District Park, 5801 Ainez Dr., Austin | PG
- “Free Guy” (2021) | Thursday, May 25 | 7:30 p.m. | Gus Garcia District Park, 1201 E. Rundberg Ln., Austin | PG-13
- “The Sandlot” (1993) | Thursday, June 29 | 7:30 p.m. | Govalle District Park, 5200 Bolm Rd., Austin | PG
- “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” (1986) | Friday, Sept. 29 | 6:30 p.m. | TBA, Austin | PG-13
- “Hocus Pocus” (1993) | Thursday, Oct. 26 | 6:30 p.m. | Mueller Lake Park, 4550 Mueller Blvd., Austin | PG
- “Moana” (2016) | Friday, Nov. 10 | 6:30 p.m. | Mabel Davis District Park, 3427 Parker Ln., Austin | PG
For the second year in a row, Playdates in the Park is returning with live story times, crafts, music, and more for families with young children.
- Wednesday, April 12 | 10 a.m. | Garrison District Park, 6001 Menchaca Rd., Austin
- Saturday, April 29 | 10 a.m. | Alderbrook Pocket Park, 12444 Lamplight Village Ave., Austin
- Wednesday, May 10 | 10 a.m. | Armadillo Neighborhood Park, 910 Armadillo Rd., Austin
- Saturday, May 27 | 10 a.m. | Patterson Neighborhood Park, 4200 Brookview Rd., Austin
Still not enough time outside in Austin for you? Check out the Blues on the Green schedule.