It may come as no surprise that Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin was one of the most-searched people on Google this year, but what about the fact that Austinites searched for the TV show “Silo” more than anywhere else in the US?
2023’s Google Year in Search is out, and its local search function provides an interesting peek into our city’s queries. Take a look at what we were searching most this year (plus, our answers to your searches — we may not be Google, but we know a thing or two about where to find a good farmers market).
Unique local searches
- Top trending “tour” search | Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour
- Top trending TV show search | “The Last of Us”
- Top trending “versus” search | Canelo Álvarez vs. John Ryder
Five top trending “near me” searches in the Austin area
- Haircut near me | Need some self care? Check out our guide to taking a mental health day.
- Pilates near me | On a related note, we also love our share of yoga studios.
- Car dealerships near me | How about an alternative to driving? Here are 11 reasons to ride CapMetro’s Red Line commuter rail.
- Farmers markets near me | Our City Guide can help with that. Check out these local markets across town.
- Mediterranean food near me | Austin was the only place in the US with this as a top trending search. We’ve got the scoop on food — check out these new and upcoming restaurants.
The fact that “ATXtoday” wasn’t a top local search only hurts our feelings a little bit. There’s always next year.