As if you needed more weekend plans (see our Texas Book Fest breakdown here), this weekend is also the Austin Food + Wine Festival. The decade-old festival celebrates several days of eating, drinking, and general good cookin’.
The festival takes place at Auditorium Shores on Saturday + Sunday. The scheduling of events includes:
- Demos with chefs such as Kevin Fink + Fermín Nuñez
- Tasting sessions
- “Meet the Maker” events, including one with Dos Hombres founders Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul
- A fire pit with foods from local artists
- The annual “Rock Your Taco” competition
If you can’t swing the $625 all-in tickets, there are also some individual dinners taking place as part of the festival:
- Fri., Nov. 4 at Maie Day — $150 per person
- Fri., Nov. 4 at Canje — $175 per person
- Sat., Nov. 5 at Este — $115 per person
See which chefs will be present + check out a map.