It may not be Thanksgiving yet, but holiday bells are already ringing in Austin.
Free Lunch ATX — a local organization dedicated to providing meals to communities in need, advocating for food access, and stocking Austin’s “Free Fridges” — announced its “12 Days of Free Lunch” initiative.
Kicking off on Friday, Dec. 1, the 12-day event will partner with local restaurants in an attempt to raise $12,000 for food insecurity programs. To participate, simply patronize the following participating locations:
- Friday, Dec. 1 | Joann’s Fine Foods
- Saturday, Dec. 2 | Hotel Vegas
- Sunday, Dec. 3 | Bufalina — Margherita pizza only
- Monday, Dec. 4 | Black Star Co-op — beers only
- Tuesday, Dec. 5 | Allday Pizza — Free Lunch beer special only
- Wednesday, Dec. 6 | LeRoy and Lewis
- Thursday, Dec. 7 | Tweedy’s
- Bonus: All sales of Pearl Snap beers at Radio Coffee & Beer will be donated to Free Lunch
- Friday, Dec. 8 | Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop — bakery sales only
- Saturday, Dec. 9 | Zee’s Wiener System at LoLo’s — pop-up sales only
- Sunday, Dec. 10 | Rockstar Bagels
- Monday, Dec. 11 | Justine’s
Tuesday, Dec. 12 | Lou’s Barton Springs