Looking for your next gig?
The City of Austin launched a six-month recruitment campaign to bolster hiring for hard-to-fill positions in the public service sector. The campaign — the largest in the city’s history — began this month and will run through the end of the summer.
Public service job vacancies have remained higher than normal since the pandemic began, but according to city officials, vacancies have fallen by 7% since September. This campaign is a key part of the city’s 2023 budget, which included a 4% pay increase for civilian staff, effective October 2022.
A few quick notes for those considering applying:
- Applications do not require cover letters
- Flexible schedules and telework is available in certain positions
- Paid internships and apprenticeships are in development
- Hiring and retention bonuses are in place for high-turnover jobs
- Referral bonuses are available for existing employees