With spring in full swing + winter well behind us, it’s time to say “out with the old.” Spring is the season of rebirth, so why not give new life to like-new or gently used items? In the spirit of spring cleaning, we’ve rounded up a few Austin organizations that accept donated items, help locals in need + support community causes.
If you’ve got a lot to give, like clothing, furniture, appliances, entertainment + toys, these organizations provide reused goods for those in need at affordable prices.
- The Salvation Army accepts car donations.
- Austin Habitat for Humanity ReStore offers furniture pickups.
- Goodwill Central Texas even has some technology recycling centers for bigger donations.
- Caritas of Austin relies on donations of linens to provide clothing and a place to stay for individuals experiencing housing insecurities.
- SAFE Austin accepts clothing, undergarments, and toiletries to provide resources to families in need.
- Want to donate professional outfits? Donate them to the Dress for Success Austin so they can properly distribute clothing to those who are searching for careers.
- Casa Marianella in East Austin accepts plates, silverware, pots and pans, and kitchen appliances that are underused or can be reused.
- Austin Diaper Bank in North Austin provides diapers + wipes to families living in poverty.
- Toybrary Austin allows families to play with and “check out” toys for free. This is a great place to donate toys with more life left in them.
- If you have usable tech items like laptops, TVs, scanners, or smartphones, Travis County’s Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center collects technology.
- Austin Habitat for Humanity uses donated equipment + furniture to build homes — whether you have leftovers from a project you didn’t complete or can reuse supplies from a remodel. It will also pick up pre-approved car donations.
- Room Service Vintage accepts vintage furniture for resale.
- Don’t have much to get rid of this year? We Are Blood is always in need of blood if you are able to donate.