We’re finally going to taco ‘bout it: who serves the best tacos in Austin?
According to USA Today, Austin is the best taco city in the nation, meaning (at least to us) you basically can’t go wrong with any taco within city limits.
In the past, y’all have helped us decide the best food truck (Spicy Boys Fried Chicken) and best brewery (Meanwhile Brewing). Now, it’s time to throw down the gauntlet and decide which taco reigns supreme in ATX.
Here’s how it will work:
Using this survey, nominate your favorite place to get a taco in Austin. Feel free to nominate as many local businesses as your heart desires. We’ll put the top eight in a bracket and have you vote again in qualifying rounds.
You voted for the best places to get tacos in Austin, and now it’s time to narrow them down in three voting cycles.
We put the top eight taquerías — according to votes from you, dear readers — in a randomizer to keep things fair.
Your next step is to choose between...
- ONETACO. Taquería vs. Torchy’s Tacos
- Tejas Birria vs. Tacodeli
- Las Trancas Taco Stand vs. Veracruz All Natural
- Granny’s Tacos vs. Cuantos Tacos
It’s anyone’s game now, so don’t forget to cast those votes here and share with a friend by Thursday, Nov. 23. Stay tuned for the results and the next round.
It’s heating up in this reader-suggested taco bracket — or should we say getting spicy?
- ONETACO. Taquería beat out Torchy’s Tacos 65% to 35%.
- Tejas Birria put up a fair fight, but Tacodeli won with 58% of the vote.
- Veracruz All Natural took 71% of the votes against Las Trancas Taco Stand.
- Cuantos Tacos barely edged out Granny’s Tacos by a 10% margin.
We’re down to the semi-finals, so we’re turning things over to you readers again. Make your choice between:
- ONETACO. Taquería vs. Tacodeli
- Veracruz All Natural vs. Cuantos Tacos
The suspense is thrilling us — cast your vote by Friday, Dec. 1.