Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Austin? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Cosmic Coffee + Beer Garden | In addition to coffee drinks, you can also get agua frescas and limeades to sip.
- Midnight Cowboy | The Moontower is made of a dreamy concoction of Slow Luck, lemon, blackberry, sage, rhubarb bitters, and soda.
- Sans Bar | Try a rotating menu at this bar made with sober folks in mind.
- The Roosevelt Room | The Castaway mocktail is a tropical paradise in a glass, with lime and cucumber juice, cream of coconut, and ginger beer.
- The Well | Indulge in the Pillow Talk mocktail, made with strawberry hibiscus water, coconut cream, rose, vanilla + cinnamon infused honey, and aquafaba
Check out 12 more spots we love for NA beverages.