Ah, Burnet Road: in recent years, this 7.2-mile roadway in North Austin has become a major up-and-coming thoroughfare, leading from Rosedale all the way to Q2 Stadium and The Domain.
Although Burnet Road has been the site of a lot of new development in recent years, the colorful strip still holds onto vestiges of Austin’s past.
Hang on tight, we’ll show you around.
What to eat
In one word, your food options on Burnet Road are abundant.
Spend your morning on Coffee + Crisp’s large patio with a purple drink from All Gimmicks, alongside your furry friend at Dog Day Coffee, or get something on-the-go from Foxtrot.
- All Gimmicks Coffee | 10609 Metric Blvd., Ste. #106
- Coffee + Crisp | 3220 Amy Donovan Plaza, Ste. #100
- Dog Day Coffee | 8440 Burnet Rd., Ste. #100
- Foxtrot Market | 4818 Burnet Rd.
- Monkey Nest Coffee | 5353 Burnet Rd.
Lunch + dinner
Try the rotating menu from a James Beard Award nominee at Barley Swine, nosh on a wood-fired Neapolitan pizza from Bufalina Due, or have some Chinese comfort food at Old Thousand.
- Barley Swine | 6555 Burnet Rd., Ste. #400
- Bufalina Due | 6555 Burnet Rd., Ste. #100
- Citizen Eatery | 5011 Burnet Rd.
- Happy Chicks | 6425 Burnet Rd.
- Ichiban | 7310 Burnet Rd.
- JewBoy Sub Shop | 6701 Burnet Rd., Ste. #A3
- Old Thousand | 4805 Burnet Rd.
- The Peached Tortilla | 5520 Burnet Rd., Ste. #100
- Picnik | 4801 Burnet Rd.
- Top Notch Hamburgers | 7525 Burnet Rd.
From classic flavors at Amy’s Ice Creams to upscale churros and decadent pieces of chocolate art, satiating your sweet tooth on Burnet Road is easy. Try one of these local spots:
- Amy’s Ice Creams | 5624 Burnet Rd.
- Churro Co. Bakery | 11101 Burnet Rd., Ste. #A140
- Cinful Sweets | 9415 Burnet Rd., Ste. #106
- DipDipDip Ice Cream | 7301 Burnet Rd., Ste. #101
- La Patisserie | 7301 Burnet Rd.
- Lick Honest Ice Cream | 6555 Burnet Rd., Ste. #200
What to do
Go to an Austin FC Game
Get your blood pumping at an Austin FC home game, because exploring Q2 Stadium (aka “Austin’s biggest party”) is half the fun.
Shop at The Domain
Between The Domain and Domain NORTHSIDE, there are more than 225 stores, restaurants, bars, and spas to visit.
Get a tattoo
Looking for a shop in the area? Try one of these:
- Atomic Tattoo & Body Piercing | 8401 Burnet Rd.
- Great Wave Tattoo | 4634 Burnet Rd.
- Platinum Ink & Body Piercing | 5128 Burnet Rd.
Where to drink
Aside from Domain NORTHSIDE’s Rock Rose District — which is home to 20+ restaurants and bars along the strip — Burnet Road is also home to 24/7 Christmas bar Lala’s Little Nugget, British pub Nosh and Bevvy, and honky-tonks to kick back.
- The Aristrocrat Lounge | 6507 Burnet Rd.
- Lala’s Little Nugget | 2207 Justin Lane
- The Little Longhorn Saloon | 5434 Burnet Rd.
- Nosh and Bevvy | 8440 Burnet Rd., Ste. #100
- Yard Bar | 6700 Burnet Rd.
How to get there
Parking is very accessible in this part of town, so drivers shouldn’t have a problem. However, the Red Line Commuter Rail stops along Burnet Road once — soon to be twice with addition of the McKalla Station — at Kramer Station.
Need more to explore? Check out our neighborhood guide to Allandale.