Navigating the airport — especially during summer travel — is stressful enough, but trying to navigate the food scene + find coffee while not straying too far from your gate can be downright overwhelming.
We’ve put together a list of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport eats and their locations to help make your next trip easier.
Can’t miss bites
- The Peached Tortilla | Barbara Jordan Terminal; across from gates 16 and 17 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | An Austin-based eatery that offers Asian comfort food with a Southern twist. The Korean Steak taco + Cauliflower taco are simply musts.
- Tacodeli | Barbara Jordan Terminal; between gates 23 and 24 | Hours vary | Described as “Austin’s favorite new-school taco chain” by Eater Austin, this is one of those spots where you can choose from a variety of taco choices.. Also, next to Tacodeli is one of the airport’s live music stages, which are part of the Live Music in the Air at the Airport initiative. This location makes it the perfect spot to nosh on a taco + jam out to some local tunes before boarding your flight. Performance times vary.
- Salt Lick BBQ | Barbara Jordan Terminal; between gates 21 and 22 | 5 a.m.-8 p.m. | When world famous barbecue is being served, you don’t say no. Plus, Salt Lick BBQ was ranked No. 2 on The Daily Meal’s list of best airport restaurants around the world. Be sure to try the brisket and pork ribs.
- Annie’s Café and Bar | Barbara Jordan Terminal; near gate 27 | Hours vary | Still missing the Annie’s downtown location that closed in 2018? Us too. Thankfully, we’re able to get our Annie’s fix at AUS. Annie’s also boasts a live music stage as part of the Live Music in the Air at the Airport initiative.
- De Nada Tacos | South Terminal; near gate S1 | Hours vary | This no frills food truck is located within this terminal’s outdoor food truck court. It boasts a menu such as loaded up tacos, quesadillas, and chips.
- The Beerdrop | Barbara Jordan Terminal; across from gate 13 + inside the Austin City Market | Hours vary | Your not-so typical airport bar featuring beer from local brewery Austin Beerworks as well as other national brews. Beer is available in cans, bottles, and drafts.
- Café Medici | Barbara Jordan Terminal; by gates 7 and 9 | Hours vary | Traditional coffee and espresso drinks to caffeinate your travels. Whether you opt for a mocha or a latte — don’t forget to add an extra shot of espresso.
- Jo’s Coffee | Barbara Jordan Terminal; across from gate 19 | Hours vary | Jo’s is an Austin staple that opened its first location on South Congress Avenue in 1999. Now, Jo’s boasts five locations across the city, including this airport location, which opened in 2019. Jo’s slings coffee + espresso drinks, breakfast tacos, sandwiches, and snacks. Pro tip: Try the Iced Turbo for a creamy and sweet coffee drink with flavors of chocolate and hazelnut.
- Second Bar + Kitchen | Barbara Jordan Terminal; between gates 15 and 16 | Hours vary | Don’t miss the chance to dine-in and sip on a housemade cocktail or enjoy something from the grab-n-go menu if you’re in a hurry. You’ll also want to check out the sculpture of a jet turbine blade directly across from the restaurant.
- Hippies + Hops | Barbara Jordan Terminal; across from gate 17 | Hours vary | Enjoy a beer from Live Oak Brewing Company. Hippies + Hops neighbors The Peached Tortilla, giving you the perfect opportunity to pair your brewski with a fresh taco or bowl from the eatery.
Bonus: Grab a sweet treat from Amy’s Ice Creams near gate 21 in the Barbara Jordan Terminal. It offers classic flavors such as chocolate + vanilla, as well as a rotating selection of specialty flavors.