Time to get those creative juices flowing, Austin. We’re dropping new + imaginative ways to get you out of the house to explore some of the most unique activities that the Capital City has to offer.
From trying our hands at different art forms — like sushi making, glassblowing, or swing dancing — to attending a murder mystery dinner show + letting your rage out in a rage room, you bet there’s some serious out-of-the-box fun to be had.
🎨 Bring out your inner artist
- Meld it like it’s hot. Test your steady hand + craft a gorgeous creation at Ghost Pepper Glass.
- Step up to the challenge. Get your groove on + learn a few killer moves at a swing dance class.
- Bring your appetite for this one. Grab a partner and craft the perfect California roll at a sushi making class, then eat your own creation.
- Picasso’s got nothing on you. Bring out your best painting skills — with a little help from a glass of pinot noir — at Painting with a Twist.
🏎️ For adventurous souls
- Let out your rage in an exhilarating way at The Breaking Point Austin.
- Bring out your inner lumberjack. If you ever think throwing an axe sounds like more work than fun, you’re so wrong. Stick it to different targets at Urban Axes.
- Think quickly — your life depends on it. Pull together a big group for the most fun and test out your escape skills at The Escape Game Austin.
- Climb your way around an adult jungle gym. Show your strength + put those muscles to work on an insane obstacle course at MYLO Obstacle Fitness.
- Welcome to Bounce Town. Grab the entire family for an untraditional game of dodgeball on trampolines or just a grand old time in the bouncy foam pit at Austin Trampoline Park.
- Ever wish you had wings? Feel the wind in your hair + defy gravity when you take a dive into the flight chamber at iFLY Austin — check out ATXtoday’s Vagney flying high.
- Let’s go, speed racer. Test out your drifting skills at record-high speeds with go-karts at Circuit of the Americas.
🍸 Not-your-ordinary dinner + a movie
- Inspector Jacques Clouseau reporting for duty. Play detective for a night — seated among potential suspects in the form of fellow diners — while enjoying a three-course meal with The Dinner Detective.
- Laughter is truly the best medicine. Come out where the comedy is served with a plate of steak + whiskey at The Pershing.
Fine wines only, please. Skip the ordinary glass of wine with dinner. Experience true wine + dining with a fajita dinner paired with local wines on a sunset cruise with the Texas Fine Wine.
What are you most excited about trying to shake things up? Let us know here.