Austin Pets Alive! will celebrate Austin’s 12th No Kill Anniversary with a fluffy little election for the Mayor of Pawstin.
The candidates include six dogs and cats, and each came to the shelter with specials needs. Help decide who takes the title — vote by donating to your favorite pet’s team.
Now let’s meet the candidates:
- Fotis | The incumbent candidate, this German Shepherd is ready for another term.
- Bramble | The most senior dog on the ballot, Bramble has a lot of wisdom to bring.
- Mindy | This wheelie dog was an honorary Austin FC mascot.
- Eggler | This cool cat is a fashionable candidate for mayor.
- Fire Marshall Bill | Social kitty Fire Marshall Bill has safety tips galore.
- General Erasmus Dickinson | 10-year-old General is still just as playful as a kitten.
Want to see this race through to the end? Get tickets to the election results party — with an adoptable “petting zoo,” vendors, and a raffle — 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16 at The ABGB.