We like our Instagram timeline like we like our bagels: with a little bit of everything. We’re freshening up our social media accounts for 2023, so we wanted to share some of our favorite pages to share the good vibes.
But before you give these exciting accounts a follow, make sure you follow us on Instagram @atxtoday. Your friendly neighborhood City Editors will thank you. ❤️
- Austin Public Library | @austinpubliclibrary | APL’s Instagram page is not only a premier destination to get book recommendations from the professionals, but it also keeps followers abreast on upcoming classes, events and community swaps.
- ATX concert | @atxconcert | Never miss a concert again by following this account, which also runs @sxswflyers.
- Red River Cultural District | @redriverculturaldistrict | Stay up-to-date on Austin’s hottest music venues, festivals, and all things Red River Street.
- When Where What Austin | @whenwherewhataustin | You might already recognize this account’s signature blue grid, where you’ll find tips on events, pop-ups, sales, freebies, and more.
- ATX Broke Girls | @atxbrokegirls | Eat well on a budget with the help of Ashley, who takes you up close and personal on her foodstagram.
- Bad Larry Burger Club, Better Half Coffee & Cocktails, and Little Brother Bar | @badlarryburgerclub, @betterhalfbar, @littlebrotherbar | All run by the one-of-a-kind foodie Matthew Bolick, posts from these accounts will leave you in stitches... and hungry.
- El Arroyo | @elarroyo_atx | We would be remiss to exclude El Arroyo, whose cheeky revolving sign keeps Austinites giggling.
- H-E-B Obsessed | @heb_obsessed | Educate yourself on H-E-B’s rotating storefront before you make your next shopping trip.
- ATX Barrio Archive | @atx_barrio_archive | Turn back time and take an inside look at this archive celebrating the “culture and history of Austin’s Black and Brown barrio.”
- Traces of Texas | @traces_of_texas | Traverse 281,416 miles of Texas past and present with this statewide archive.
- Austin State of Mind | @austinstateofmind | Enjoy the Capital City and discover local gems through the eyes of a former New Yorker.
- Chupie the cat | @chupiedoesntgiveameow | Seriously, this wolf cat loves snacks and doesn’t give a meow.
- Cute Nail Studio | @cutenailstudio | You’ll get inspired to make an appointment after seeing these cute nails, hairstyles and tattoos.
- ZilkerBark | @zilkerbark | Virtually boop these doggos to your heart’s content with the help of this puptographer.
- Adriene Mishler | @adrienelouise | Start your year off strong with this Austin-based yogi’s curated yoga challenges.
- JType | @jtype | You’ll never see the city skyline the same again after viewing it through this photographer’s lens.
- Jane Ko | @atasteofkoko | Let the lifestyle and foodie queen tour you around town in style.
- Mini ATX | @miniatureatx | See the city from a bird’s eye view in these toy-like photos.
What’s your favorite social media account? Let us know.