ATX, y’all really know your way around the city.
We recently asked you to identify one Austin neighborhood based entirely on a map — with the landmarks blanked out.
Not only were ~45% of you able to identify the neighborhood correctly as Holly, but you were also able to name quite a few of the businesses missing from the map.
Shout out to reader Lori H., who identified eight businesses, becoming our winner for this game by far. Readers Sarah C., Denisse M., Glenn D., and MAP share our second-place slot, with three correct identifications.
Now, let’s learn a bit more about Holly.
The neighborhood has been largely residential since the early 1900s, and many of the older homes in Holly have been owned by the same people for decades.
Of course, new construction wasn’t far behind. Once ranked as the No. 24 coolest neighborhood in the world, Holly is rapidly gaining in popularity, in part due to its thriving food scene and access to Lady Bird Lake.
Want to check out the neighborhood for yourself? Here are a few spots we recommend:
- Metz Neighborhood Park | Park, splash pad, basketball + tennis court
- Launderette | Cafe + brunch spot
- Bufalina Pizza | Pizzeria + winery
- Juan in a Million | Voted Best Hangover Eats + Top 50 Breakfast Taco
- la Barbecue | Classic Central Texas barbecue
- Blue Owl Brewing | Sour beer taproom
Psst — did you know we have guides to some of Austin’s other coolest neighborhoods? Learn more about: