Early voting is underway — Austinites have from now until Fri., Nov. 4 to vote early + skip the lines before Election Day on Tues., Nov. 8. 🗳
No matter who you’re voting for, it’s time to get out there and vote like you just turned 18.
Here are a few tips + tricks to keep in mind before you head out to the polls.
- Don’t forget one of the seven valid forms of your photo ID — you won’t be able to vote without it.
- Lyft wants you to vote, so the rideshare company is offering 50% off rides to the polls on Election Day. Use code VOTE22 for a discount up to $10. Pro tip: The discount also works on Lyft bikes and scooters.
- Campaigning is forbidden within 100 ft of the polling place, so leave anything publicizing candidates at home.
- Make sure you’re in line by 7 p.m. Simply queuing up guarantees your right to vote.
- If you’d like to bring a guide, make sure it is on paper, as cell phones are not permitted while casting your ballot.
- If you run into any roadblocks that you believe may be unconstitutional while voting, call the secretary of state’s helpline, 1(800) 252-VOTE. You can also contact Texas voting rights groups at (866) 687-8683 for English or (888) 839-8682 for Spanish.
- Find your neighborhood polling location here.
Don’t forget to read through our 2022 election guide to refresh your memory before you head out. Happy voting! 🇺🇸