Grab those jorts and flip flops, Austin. The Capital City’s warm (sometimes really hot) weather is officially here. ☀️
For those who want to get some vitamin D in during the workday, here are a few WiFi-included, sunny spots to take your laptop.
Room to roam (BYO hotspot) 🏖️
- Mount Bonnell, 3800 Mount Bonnell Rd. | Daily, 5 a.m.-10 p.m. | Who says you can’t work from a mountain? Snag one of the picnic tables at this popular landmark + enjoy the amazing views of Lake Austin. Don’t forget to wear comfortable sneakers for the hike.
- Waterloo Park, 500 E. 12th Street | Daily, 5 a.m.-10 p.m. | Prepare to enjoy working on 11 acres of revitalized greenspace in the heart of Austin.
For that caffeine fix ☕
- Mozart’s Coffee Roasters, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. | Daily, 7 a.m.-12 a.m | This popular coffee spot has been in Austin since 1993, and it offers breathtaking views of Lake Austin. You might find yourself dreaming of being on the lake while you’re out there working.
- The Flightpath Coffeehouse, 5011 Duval St. | Daily, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. | This long-standing coffee shop is known for its art decorations + tranquil vibes.
If you miss that office dog 🐶
- Yard Bar, 6700 Burnet Rd. | Daily, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. | This place is a one-stop shop. Sit at a picnic table and enjoy the bar, restaurant, and dog park. Work hard, play hard, right?
- Work & Woof, 4930 S. Congress, Bldg. A | Monday-Saturday, Times vary | No more separation anxiety, friends. This coworking space offers Dog Daycare, open desks, and private offices. What’s better than taking a break from working inside and playing with your dog outside?
When your workday is a little stressful 🍺
- 4th Tap Brewing Co-op, 10615 Metric Blvd. | Daily, Times vary | Get some work done + take the edge off by enjoying a cold beer at this North Austin spot. P.S. The taproom is a pet-friendly space.
- Wright Bros. Brew and Brew, 500 San Marcos St., #105 | Daily, Times vary | Get some work done, then treat yourself to some wine + a Destroyer Sandwich.