A new year brings a fresh sense of excitement for the unknown, and might just have you wanting to learn something new. Get those backpacks packed and pencils sharpened, we’re heading back to the classroom with 10 opportunities for you to expand your horizons.
🪴 Gettin’ crafty
- Dougherty Arts Center Classes | Get serious about your craft with a class covering ceramics, textiles, painting, photography, and more.
- ATX Pottery | Take a one-time or eight-week class to perfect the art of pottery.
- Austin Creative Reuse | Learn how to crochet, make prints, or craft collages at these low-cost classes using secondhand materials.
- Ghost Pepper Glass | Get acquainted with the fast and fiery world of glass blowing with one-time and class courses.
- Luxe Refill | Learn how to make your own sustainable bath and body products at this local refillery.
📸 Pick up a new hobby
- Precision Camera | Learn how to use manual settings on a DSLR, pick up a Photoshop skill, or even hone in on your iPhone photography skills.
- The Natural Gardener | Sit in on a free class covering vegetable gardening, seed starting, or houseplant care.
💪 Move your body
- Krav Maga | Learn this self defense-oriented Israeli martial art — your first class is free.
- Monsoon Dance Bollywood & Yoga Studio | Beginners and experienced Bollywood dancers alike can take choreography classes, Bollywood fitness, and yoga from home or in-studio.
- Master Gohring’s Tai Chi & Kung Fu | This studio promises to give you a martial arts workout that will keep you entertained the whole time.
🍴 Iron chef
- Central Market | Have your dinner and make it too with a class on making dumplings, cheese pairing, kolache-making, and more. Psst... you can even take mixology courses.
Stay tuned for a full guide on how to learn a new language. 👀